Blog Translation

Ever since we met each other, my beloved husband filled my life with love, light, joy and happiness, with music and special moments!



Friday 15 July 2011

True Love


Moses Mendelsson, the grandfather of the famous German composer, was a man far from being handsome. On the contrary, besides the fact that he was of short, he had a grotesque hunchback.
One day he was visited by a merchant from Hamburg who had a very pretty girl, whose name was Frumtje.
Moses fall in love with her in a desperate way, but the girl was looking to him with reluctance.

When he visited the home of the merchant, before he leaves, Moses took the courage and went upstairs in the room where the girl was sitting to tell her a few last words. She was heavenly beauty and he is struggling in the throes of hell when the girl refused to even look at him. After several attempts to relate a conversation, Moses shyly asked:

- Do you know why marriages are made in Heaven?
- Yes, the girl said, while she was still looking into the ground. But, you know why?
- Yes, I know, he said. You see, in heaven at the birth of each boy, the Lord announces which girl will be his wife. When I was born, it was shown to me my future bride.

  God said to me:
- Your bride will have a
hunchback!
Then I said to God:
- God, a hunched woman would be a tragedy. God, give me the hump and let her be beautiful.
Fascinated by his words, Frumtje looked up from the floor, and she accepted him in marriage, being a faithful wife to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect this blog and all the readers who stop by! Thank you! Blessings from above!