Blog Translation

Ever since we met each other, my beloved husband filled my life with love, light, joy and happiness, with music and special moments!



Thursday 31 March 2011

Glycerine Wax Cream Recipe


I have done a number of trials to create a hand creme / lotion that is smooth without being sticky or clingy. Here there is a recipe that you could try:

2 cups distilled water
1 cup olive oil
3/4 cup glycerin
4 caplets Vitamin E
10 caplets Lechithin
10 drops lavender oil
3 Tbsp beeswax 

Start by mixing all of the items together. For the caplets, cut them open and squeeze the liquid inside into the mixture. Microwave in a glass container for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 1/2 minute, until the beeswax is mostly melted. You have a smooth liquid at this point. 

I initially tried to blend it right away. Then I began cooling it. It began to separate as it cooled, as you can see here.


 You have to add in 10 more Lechithin caplets worth of liquid and now that it was more solid,  I tried blending again for a few minutes. It got much more creamy now, although there was still some liquid left in the mix. 


The cream itself was *great* - very smooth, moisturizing, and didn't leave a sticky residue. For me it was slightly waxy. I will try another run (as soon as I use this batch up) with less beeswax to see how that affects it. Also, I obviously have a little too much water in here. I will drop down to 1 cup of distilled water to see if that is still liquid enough. 

The final result does not smell much of lavender, even though the initial mix was very lavendery. It appears you have to add the oils in after heating, to allow them to keep their fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect this blog and all the readers who stop by! Thank you! Blessings from above!