Blog Translation

Ever since we met each other, my beloved husband filled my life with love, light, joy and happiness, with music and special moments!



Monday 11 April 2011

Exams - the nightmares of the students around the world

 Ever since I know myself in school (that is almost 21 years), I had not a single year without exams! Every year, in summer, winter, fall or spring exams were knocking on my door calling me to follow them (yaickssssssssssss)!!!

Primary school, secondary school, high school, colleges, Project Management School, Social Counselor School, Professional Skills Evaluator School, Trainer for Trainers School  and now... Human Resources Management School - all have 2 things in common: studying and exams!!!

 Piles of past exam papers, study guides, notes, summaries and texts lay on my desk.  On the wall, I had drawn up a revision timetable and was miles behind schedule. :(((((((((( Yes folks, I have exams... Well let me share you my vision over exams!



When I hear the word "exam" in my mind starts a real battle of huge proportions and turns into a thriller film category, a kind of "The Death of the World" with me, playing the main role as victim and the teacher the serial killer...
Exams require full energy from us and do not let us sleep at night, as usual! Sure all of you have noticed your colleagues' facial expressions when pronounce the word "examination". They will be relay on pure luck or will be constantly agitated to pass the exam with high marks.



As a student (which I am including now because of the schools I take to improve all the time my work and keep myself up to date) I can tell you that I know and share all your thoughts and feelings that you as students try every day of what is called the session of exams or work exams, anything that has inside the word "exam".

You get the most intense feelings, from anxiety sensitivity, reconciliation with oneself and the knowledge gained to total indifference and abandonment, but every time you know that beyond the EXAM your life will be back to  normal, as it was planned by you.

The advantages of the era in which we live helps us to express quickly our frustration about the exam, but in the same time help us to obtain the missing information. If you lose your schedule or it the courses are not found or even you lost your themes that you have such a short dead line to hand over, more and more questions appears - these things push you to the teachers (the best source to provide answers); the access to them should be facilitated. 
For all these issues, forums, groups or any other form of communication are a great help in the challenges encountered during the exams. (even when I was not having classes I could speak with my teacher and my colleagues on net, on site, on the phone and this is a very good thing). 

In fact, why we are all so freak out when we have exams???Maybe because when it is about exams, all what we keep say that we run out TIME, that we don't find some subjects, that we have a lack of memory and maybe we will forget that or that... STOP! 

All the concerns that you have are related to planning. You'd be surprised to find that most of the problems you had during this period is related to how you organize things. Exams are just some stages that embody your work done before. Infernal projects and preparation before the actual exam - it makes you feel dry of power and often your mental clock fails.  

Do not worry, you're not alone in going through the emotions of listing in your mind: "exams, exams and over, exams" ... 


Get the session of exams as a challenge, as the person that you most hate and wish to overtake you by force of mental tests. The strategy is simple, it works with me (of course after years of keep searching the best way and after so many nights feeling desperate in front of the hundreds of pages thinking that over 1 month or 2 the ogre called EXAM will come).  

So, disconnect yourself from daily faults and advance in your work before the session starts in an organized manner. Start by reading jokes or watch a cartoon or a science fiction  - whatever will attract you more. Maybe a walk and an evening spent with the beloved one in front of the big screen at the Multiplex will motivate you to get over the psychological barriers of the exam. 

Emotional state before the beginning of this hellish process of learning and study exam session will improve in the sense that you will no more give a serious note to minors incidents from your life and all the attention will focus on your action. Opening synapses, because to this issue we refer when we talk about biological connections, lucid thinking and memory, all these will be made instant and your efficiency will lead to much more effectiveness.
Shortly, plan your time, disconnect yourself from negative energies around your cortex and forward to the final destination of endless exams ... VACATION! Sounds great, right? 

To be honest with you, this so waited moment - VACATION - is my purpose to get off with the exams in the moment I have it and not let this agony to be extended - you know what I mean - failing in exams and going again to pass these exams! YUCK! No way! 

As the weekends, weeks and months flew by and the final exams approached, nervousness became motivation.  My motto these days is: If you're ready to put in the hard yards, anything's possible.  And I'm ready! 

A little joke before we close the subject and go back to study: 
The father is asking his girl:
---- Tell me my dear, in how many exams you failed?
The girl is answering:
---- With the one from tomorrow, to all daddy :))))

P.S.: I HAVE EXAM TOMORROW FROM 15:00 to 21:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAY FOR ME!!!

1 comment:

  1. Exam is done, finished, halas, finito :)))) I can go and take my diploma... my graduate certificate!!!!! HURRAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! MABROOK TO ME :P:P:P!

    ReplyDelete

Please respect this blog and all the readers who stop by! Thank you! Blessings from above!