Blog Translation

Ever since we met each other, my beloved husband filled my life with love, light, joy and happiness, with music and special moments!



Saturday 19 March 2011

Colorful Stuffed Sweet Peppers (Filfil rumi mahsi MaAa lon)

Ingredients:

3 large sweet peppers, green, yellow, orange or red
2 Tb. unsalted butter
2/3 c. corn kernels off the cob or canned
1 small onion chopped
¾ lb. Italian sausage turkey links, sweet or hot
2 c. crumbled corn bread (approx)
¾ c. shredded pepper jack cheese*

Instructions:
  • Heat over to 350F. Slice peppers in half from stem to bottom and remove stem. Also remove seeds and membranes, and set aside.
  • Melt butter in skillet. Add onion, corn and sausage, breaking the sausage apart with a spoon or spatula, and cook until the sausage is no longer pink. Add crumbled corn bread and a little water if mixture seems too dry.
  • Divide filling among peppers evenly and top with shredded cheese. Bake peppers at 350F, covered, for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are tender.
* If pepper jack cheese is unavailable, use shredded mozzarella and add hot peppers to taste.


2 comments:

  1. asalamu alaikum kadreyah. I like this recipe alot. It is a new spin on the traditional way of felfel rumi mahshy. Tell me.. can you show more recipes of yours. Do you like to cook italian and chinese food? ...mmm I would like you to check out my cooking blog. its called
    www.muslimahcookingguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa alaykoum al Salam ya Sarah! Me too I like this recipe a lot especially because we have here too in my country recipes so common to the ones from Egypt! I love to cook and sure I love to combine recipes... and yes Italian food is one that I really try so often!about chines food I am a beginner, but I have tried a few recipes with chicken, rice, mushrooms and sea fruits! Btw, I love your blog, I am following it :)! And I promise that my next recipes will be with special cakes that I made also for my engagement :) So nice to have you here!

    ReplyDelete

Please respect this blog and all the readers who stop by! Thank you! Blessings from above!